”Mediation by young people, for young people, with young people and between young people”
The CPM is training since 2010 to non-violent communication , conflict management and mediation within the schools in Lebanon.
The CPM offers two separate training programs:
- The School mediation program that allows students who took the mediation training to intervene in a dispute to help their peers to find an amicable solution to the problem. The objectives of training students to become mediators are:
- The acquisition of the know-how and social skills that allows students to develop citizenship skills.
- The development of self-knowledge, listening capacity and non-violent communication skills.
- The “Positive communication” training program that allows students to develop tools to prevent and manage conflicts. The training’s objectives are:
- The acquisition of complementary tools for the development of the students personality.
- Raise awareness among students on the importance of having communication skills in order to prevent and manage their conflicts.
The training's ultimate goal is to develop a "peace education" among young people.